3-Layer Moose Tracks Bombe
It tastes just as delicious as it looks! This recipe will wow everyone that eats it.
What You’ll Need:
- Carton of Original Moose Tracks
- Carton of Extreme (or Chocolate) Moose Tracks
- Carton of Brownie Moose Tracks
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 24 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (such as Oreos)
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 3 nested mixing bowls, for making the molds to hold each layer of ice cream
- Freeze a medium-sized mixing bowl (about 8-8.5”) until cold. In the meantime, remove Original Moose Tracks from the freezer and let it soften for a few minutes. Remove the mixing bowl from freezer and scoop the Original Moose Tracks around the interior of the bowl, making sure to press the ice cream to form a nice, even layer.
- Now cover a smaller mixing bowl (around 6”) with plastic wrap on the outside. Press it firmly into the bowl with Original Moose Tracks and put in the freezer for about an hour, until firm.
- Remove mixing bowls with Original Moose Tracks from freezer. Take out the smaller mixing bowl that’s covered in plastic wrap. Spread and even layer of Extreme Moose Tracks on top of the Original Moose Tracks.
- Now take your smallest mixing bowl (around 4.5”) and cover the outside in plastic wrap. Press this mixing bowl into the Extreme Moose Tracks. Place in the freezer for about an hour, until firm.
- In the meantime, make the chocolate ganache. Put heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips, stirring until fully combined and the chips are melted. Set aside.
- Now make the chocolate sandwich cookie crust by combining the chocolate sandwich cookies and melted butter in a food processor, pulsing until it is a fine crumb.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer. Take out the smallest mixing bowl in order to add the third and final layer of ice cream. Scoop Brownie Moose Tracks on top of the Extreme Moose Tracks so that it fills the mixing bowl completely.
- Now press the chocolate sandwich cookie crust onto the top, pressing firmly.
- Place in the freezer for at least an hour, until firm.
- An hour before serving, remove the bombe from freezer and dip the mixing bowl in warm water to loosen the ice cream from the sides of the bowl. Flip the bombe onto a serving platter.
- Cover with ganache using a spatula. Return to the freezer for at least 30 minutes until ganache sets.
October 14, 2020