5 Facts About Ice Cream That Might Surprise You
Everyone can agree that there’s nothing better than enjoying a delicious, cold ice cream cone on a hot day. For 30 years, Moose Tracks has kept the nation happy by bringing exceptional, decadent ice cream flavors to fans across the country. Moose Tracks is ice cream perfection, which took a lot of work (and a lot of taste testing 😉), and to honor this delicious treat, here are some fun facts about ice cream:
1. The first scoop of Moose Tracks was served in 1988, combining Famous Moose Tracks Fudge with peanut butter cups in vanilla ice cream.
2. The first known ice cream recipe dates back to 1665.
3. Original Moose Tracks, the flavor that started it all, is made with vanilla ice cream, however, chocolate ice cream was invented long before vanilla. In fact, vanilla was hard to come by!
4. The waffle cone was invented by accident! At the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair, an ice cream vendor ran out of dishes, and reached out to the vendor next door, who was selling waffle-like pastries. Together, they created the popular ice cream companion, the waffle cone.
5. Moose Tracks is readily available across the US and Canada, but that was not always the case! Ice cream was considered rare and exotic until the late 1800s, and only the elite and upper-class were able to afford the imported ingredients and cold storage.
Ice cream has come a long way since the 1600s and Moose Tracks has come a long way in the last 30 years!