Recipe: Mint Moose Tracks Cake
Dust off the cake plate, because this dessert is delicious and makes a beautiful-looking cake, worthy of displaying as the centerpiece of your dinner table!
Makes 8 servings
⅓ cup butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
25 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo), finely crushed
One “half-gallon” sized container of Mint Moose Tracks
8oz container of frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
1 cup of chocolate mint candies (such as an Andes Creme de Menthe Snap Bar)
- It’s important to make sure the chocolate sandwich cookies are finely crushed. Put them in a food processor or a blender to get a fine crumb. If you don’t have that, put them into a gallon bag and crush with the back of a spoon.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and sugar. Stir in crushed cookie crumbs and toss to mix well. Press mixture evenly on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of an 8 or 9-inch springform pan.
- Remove Mint Moose Tracks from the freezer and allow it to soften for a few minutes. Once spreadable, scoop it into the springform pan and press in with a fair amount of pressure to make sure there aren’t any gaps. Leave about ½” at the top of the springform pan to allow for the whipped topping layer.
- Place the springform pan in the freezer, covered, for at least 2 hours until frozen solid.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove whipped topping from the freezer and allow to soften until easily spreadable.
- Make chocolate curls and/or crush up some of the chocolate mint candies. We opted for both. If you’re unfamiliar with chocolate curls – all you need to do is run a peeler alongside the candy bar and it will make beautiful curls! It’s especially visually appealing with chocolate creme de menthe candy bar because you get a nice green stripe in the middle.
- Now remove the springform pan from the freezer. Spread a layer of whipped topping over the Mint Moose Tracks.
- Sprinkle generously with the chocolate mint candies.
- Serve immediately or freeze until you’re ready to serve.
August 10, 2021
August 3, 2021