Recipe: Moose Tracks “Surprise Inside” Ice Cream-Stuffed Cupcakes
These cupcakes will be a welcome surprise to your friends and family! They are surprisingly easy and make for a delicious, unique frozen treat.
Makes 12 delicious cupcakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2large eggs
- 1/2 cup+ 2 Tbsp milk
- Original Moose Tracks Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream,
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla extract and beat together until light in color and fluffy, at least 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until well combined.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until mostly combined.
- Slowly add the milk and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Fill the cupcake liners about three quarters full. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- When the cupcakes have cooled completely, use a knife to remove the centers. We simply carved a circle in the center of the cupcakes then used a spoon to dig the centers out.
- Remove the Original Moose Tracks from the freezer and allow to soften slightly until easily scoopable.
- Fill the center of each cupcake with Original Moose Tracks. Press gently to make sure there aren’t any large gaps.
- Place the filled cupcakes in the freezer and allow to harden completely.
- When you’re ready to serve, make the whipped topping. Place the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl and whip on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the ice cream filled cupcakes from the freezer. Scoop the whipped cream into a gallon storage bag. Cut off a corner of the bag, and use this to pipe the whipped cream onto the cupcakes. It should make a fluffly mountain of whipped topping!
- You can serve immediately or return to the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
December 20, 2021
November 23, 2021
November 22, 2021
November 2, 2021