Recipe: Giant Moose Tracks Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
The best kind of sandwiches have Moose Tracks in the middle, didn’t you know?
What You’ll Need:
- ¾ cup of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 5 cups of chocolate chips
- ½ gallon of Original Moose Tracks Ice Cream
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Springform pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until well combined.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Add flour slowly, beating constantly on low.
- Once the dough is fully combined, stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough in half. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the springform pan, making sure to evenly coat the entire bottom out to the edges.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan and transfer the giant cookie to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Grease the springform pan again and press the other half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 20 minutes. Meanwhile, remove ice cream from the freezer and allow to soften.
- Spread ice cream on top of the cookie in the springform pan. Make sure to spread as evenly as possible, and try to layer it fairly close to the top of the pan.
- Place the second cookie on top and give it a gentle push to set it in.
- Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the sides of the springform pan. If you’d like, press mini chocolate chips into the ice cream on the sides.