Recipe: Moose Tracks Ice Cream Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Float
Step aside root beer floats, there’s a new treat in town! Indulge your nostalgia and introduce your family to our take on the popular root beer float. We simply made a peanut butter hot chocolate and poured it over Moose Tracks Ice Cream. The flavors combine beautifully for a seriously delicious Moose Tracks experience!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (2oz/ 57g) smooth peanut butter
- Handful of chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate (to melt for the chopped peanut rim on the glass)
- Handful of chopped peanuts
- Original Moose Tracks
- Take a tablespoon or two of the milk and whisk it with the cornstarch in a small bowl. Set aside for now.
- Take the rest of the milk, the unsweetened cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and peanut butter, and combine them in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly, until the chocolate and peanut butter are completely melted, and the mixture is steaming, about 5-8 minutes. Do not let it come to a boil. The mixture should be nice and smooth.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture and stir together. Continue to heat while constantly whisking until the mixture thickens slightly, about 1 minute.
- Take the handful of chocolate chips and place them in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until smooth.
- Dip the rim of your mug into the melted chocolate and then roll in chopped peanuts.
- Scoop a few scoops of Original Moose Tracks into your mug.
- Pour the hot chocolate mixture over it.
- You’re ready to serve! Feel free to garnish with whipped cream or any of your other favorite ice cream toppings.
December 20, 2021
November 22, 2021
November 2, 2021
October 19, 2021