Recipe: Mint Moose Tracks Ice Cream Cups
Mint Moose Tracks fans unite! This ice cream flavor has a loyal fanbase because it’s cool, fresh, and full of the salty Moose Tracks fudge we all love. Plus, how can we forget about the mint-filled cups?! This recipe pays homage to those delicious mint-filled cups by making Mint Moose Tracks dessert cups. You can use your cupcake tin for way more than just cupcakes!
Makes 12 minty-fresh servings
12 chocolate sandwich cookies (such as Oreo), crushed
2 tbsp. butter, melted
3 cups of Mint Moose Tracks (you’ll use almost an entire “half-gallon” sized container)
1 1/2 c. frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip)
3 tbsp. chocolate curls
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners (any type will work – we found that silicone reusable cupcake liners were the easiest to work with once frozen) and spray liners with cooking spray.
- Remove Mint Moose Tracks from the freezer and allow it to soften for a few minutes while you prepare the recipe.
- Crush chocolate sandwich cookies in a gallon-sized bag with the backside of a spoon or place them in a blender or food processor. The goal is a fine crumb. Then, in a medium bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter and stir until completely combined. Press cookie mixture into the cupcake liners.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill each cupcake liner with your softened Mint Moose Tracks. Try to push the ice cream down so there aren’t any gaps. Leave a little room at the top of the cupcake liner for the whipped topping. Freeze for at least an hour.
- Remove frozen whipped topping from the freezer and allow it to soften for a few minutes. Now remove the Mint Moose Tracks cups from the freezer, and using a spatula, spread the softened whipped topping over the Mint Moose Tracks-filled cups.
- Now you can add the chocolate curls and serve immediately or return to freezer. For best taste, add the chocolate curls right before serving. If chocolate curls are a new concept for you, simply take a bar of chocolate and a peeler and run it along the side of the chocolate! It will make a beautiful topping. We used a mint creme chocolate bar (such as Andes)!
February 23, 2021
February 16, 2021