Recipe: Moose Tracks Ice Cream Hand Pie Sandwiches
Hand pies are one of the most fun dessert trends right now! Everyone loves a mini dessert created just for them. Although they look like an impressive pastry feat, the recipe comes together very quickly and is simple to create.
Makes 4 delicious sandwiches
- 1 pkg. refrigerated piecrusts (2 piecrusts) at room temperature
- A pinch of all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. smooth peanut butter
- 4 tsp. hot fudge
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 generous scoops of Original Moose Tracks ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll piecrusts on a lightly floured surface. Using a 3½-inch round cookie cutter, cut 16 rounds from piecrusts. Place the rounds in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Spread 1 teaspoon smooth peanut butter on each of 4 rounds on baking sheet. Spread 1 teaspoon hot fudge on each of remaining 4 rounds on baking sheet. Using your fingertips, lightly dab the edges with water. Top each filled round with a plain piecrust round, and seal edges with the tines of a fork.
- Whisk together egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Brush egg wash over tops of pies, and sprinkle evenly with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown and flaky, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Place a scoop of ice cream on the peanut butter-filled pie, and sandwich together with a hot fudge-filled pie. Serve immediately or wrap sandwiches individually in plastic wrap and freeze.
December 20, 2021
November 23, 2021
November 22, 2021
November 2, 2021
October 19, 2021