Recipe: Moose Tracks Dessert Tacos
September 4, 2018
It’s the treat you loved as a child, now with a gourmet Moose Tracks twist! These tacos would be a fun family project or the perfect treat to store in the freezer for a dessert craving.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 waffle bowls (can be found at the grocery store near ice cream cones)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 cups Moose Tracks ice cream (Flavor of your choice. We used Extreme Moose Tracks®!)
- 2/3 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Arrange waffle bowls on a cutting board. Brush the insides with a thin layer of maple syrup.
- One at a time on a microwave-safe plate, place waffle bowl upside down and cover with a damp paper towel.
- Heat in microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and immediately mold waffle into a hard taco shell shape with your hands. Let rest until set (just a few minutes). Repeat with all 4 waffle bowls.
- Carefully fill waffles with Moose Tracks and smooth the top of the taco with a spatula. Freeze until firm – about two hours.
- Combine chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Heat in microwave in 30-second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Using a spoon, pour melted chocolate over the top of the taco to completely cover ice cream. Then sprinkle the still-warm chocolate with chopped peanuts. Repeat with all 4 tacos.
- Return to freezer until chocolate is set, about 10 minutes.