Recipe: Ice Cream Sandwiches
January 5, 2018
An ice cream sandwich is sure to put you in a good mood.
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/4 unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c chocolate chips
- Your favorite flavors of Denali Moose Tracks ice cream
Makes 8 Moose Tracks Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt with a mixer until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy and well-combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds.
- Add flour mixture to dough mixture slowly, while stirring constantly.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a wooden spoon.
- Scoop about 2tbsp of cookie dough into a ball onto the cookie sheet. Repeat; try to keep your scoops as even as possible.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Place cookies in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove cookies and ice cream from freezer. Scoop a few generous scoops of ice cream onto a cookie, and top with another cookie. For a uniform look, use a spatula to smooth sides. Repeat with all cookies.
Serve immediately or freeze, covered, on a baking sheet until ready to use.