Recipe: Extreme! Moose Tracks Chocolaty Layer Cake
This dessert is for those who love chocolate… and chocolate… and chocolate! We combined brownies, chocolate sandwich cookies, hot fudge, and ice cream for the ultimate layered chocolate treat.
- Brownie mix for an 8” x 8” pan
- 15 chocolate sandwich cookies, roughly chopped (such as Oreos)
- 13 oz hot fudge topping at room temperature
- One “half-gallon” sized carton of Extreme! Moose Tracks
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 13” x 9” pan with parchment paper, leaving enough to overhang the edges slightly.
- Prepare brownie mix as directed and bake in the pan until almost done, but just a little gooey in the center. The recipe does call for brownie mix for an 8” x 8” pan, but please use a 13” x 9” so the brownies are thinner and make a great first layer.
- Allow brownies to cool completely.
- Spread hot fudge (you can use it at room temperature, or you may have to warm it slightly in order to spread easily) on top of the brownies and top with chopped chocolate sandwich cookies. Try to press the cookies into the hot fudge topping. Smooth out the top and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove Extreme! Moose Tracks from the freezer and allow to soften slightly so it’s spreadable.
- Now remove the 13” x 9” pan. Spread the ice cream evenly over the top of the hot fudge layer. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until nice and firm.
- When ready to serve, using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Remove pan from freezer and spread with the whipped cream over the top for the final layer.
- We topped our dessert with chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, but feel free to use chocolate sauce or leave it as-is. Enjoy!
November 23, 2021
November 22, 2021
October 19, 2021
August 10, 2021